Auto Touch Up Paint Repair – Can You Touch Up Paint?
The big question is ‘should you, not can you, attempt an auto touch up paint repair?’
Many think they can repair a stone chip in their car paint because the can buy auto touch up paint and equipment at a supply store. However, what is the real difference between paying a professional auto paint touch up service like Auto Color of Middleton to repair stone chips on your car or performing a car paint touch up yourself?
Consider The Following with Touch Up Paint Repairs
The car paint touch up professional has a paint mixing system in his arsenal which allows him to do many things with touch up paint. They include –
- Mix your car’s paint color exactly
- Ability to make adjustments to the color when necessary compensating for fading or discoloration
- Adjust gloss
- Manage the viscosity
- Control the durability with various chemical additives
The car paint touch up professional also has a variety of paint application tools and methods to utilize during an auto paint touch up procedure. He will use any combination of these tools to make the most appropriate car paint touch up repair for your car.
None of this will occur if you do a touch up repair yourself.
A car paint touch up pro can work with you to determine what you value most with your car paint touch up –
– Do you value protection and longevity of the damaged area from rust/corrosion?
– Or, are you most concerned with its cosmetic appearance?
The Auto Paint Touch Up Pro Knows…
The touch up pro has options and can safely switch from one method to another if advantageous for better results. In addition, the Auto Color Pro –
- Has overall knowledge of the materials used
- Has an understanding of how all of the materials involved in an auto paint touch up repair interact
- Can safely remove other peoples botched touchup attempts in the process of making a higher quality touch up repair.
- Knows how to properly prepare metal, rusty metal, primer, plastic, and painted surfaces.
- Can deliver the most durable, long lasting, and best looking paint touch up repair.
The auto paint touch up pro has the experience of doing his work every day of the week. He is a professional with thousands of repetitions in problem solving and performing the repairs. There is no replacement for experience.
Auto Paint Touch Bottom Line
The best repair is found on a continuum between longevity and cosmetic appearance. You must decide which factor or combinations of factors are most important to you. Your Auto Color touch up pro will help you decide by giving you accurate and time tested information you need in repairing your auto paint.
Auto Color, located in Middleton WI is equipped with the professionals and equipment to provide the highest quality auto paint touch up repairs and scratch repairs, plastic bumper repairs, and minor collision repairs.
We serve Madison WI and surrounding areas including Verona, Waunakee, Fitchburg, SaukCity, McFarland, Middleton, Monona, Cottage Grove, Sun Prairie and Deforest and all of DaneCounty.
Contact Auto Color at 608-831-9554 or email us to help with your auto paint touch repair.