Under the winter grime from Madison WI roads you often find dings, dents and cracks, including blemishes that require a plastic bumper crack repair. Not every auto body shop can provide the expertise it takes to make these repairs and provide a seamless restoration of your vehicle’s finish.
Nearly every cracked plastic bumper can be repaired, and usually for less than half the cost of a new bumper. While almost every cracked bumper can be repaired, it isn’t always practical. A plastic bumper crack repair job requires a special plastic welding technique plus the application of structural adhesives. During the process, body paint is blended to match the original color. The finished job provides a seamless, invisible repair.
Location Plays a Role In Plastic Bumper Repair
If the crack is in a flat area on the bumper, the repairs are fairly simple and require less time and material – meaning they are likely to cost less, too. But, when the damage involves a vehicle’s style lines, curved areas or molded sections around lights or intakes, it’s a different story. Repairs to these special areas require additional care which translates to more time and more resources – usually meaning more money. That’s why a professional auto body shop provides a detailed cost/benefit analysis for each job. While in most every case, a plastic bumper crack repair us possible, it some it isn’t practical.
The best option
In the majority of situations, though, a plastic bumper crack repair is the best option. Here are a few reasons why:
- Less than your deductible – the basic repairs can often be done for less than the basic deductible on auto insurance, avoiding an insurance claim and keeping premiums as low as possible.
- Repair is quicker – making the basic repair is often quicker than ordering and replacing the bumper.
- Overall cost is less – A traditional body shop, in many cases, recommends replacing a bumper which costs must more than most repairs.
- A true “green” option – making repairs to your plastic bumper keeps additional materials out of landfills.
- A real benefit for older models – A plastic bumper crack repair may be the only option for an older model vehicle or one that’s no longer made where parts become increasingly expensive and hard to obtain – if available at all.
Cracked plastic bumpers are a reality in today’s vehicles. When a plastic bumper gets scuffed, dented or cracked not only does it look bad, it reduces the value of the vehicle. Plastic bumper repair is one of the most demanded body shop services and drivers are often totally unaware of how affordable it is to repair a plastic bumper. Auto Color provides plastic bumper crack repair services for every make and model vehicle.
If you need cracks repaired, a full-service body shop or auto body painting in Madison WI, call Auto Color first. Visit either of our two complete auto body shop locations in the Madison WI area – West on Parmenter Road in Middleton and East on Stoughton Road. These auto body shops serve all of Dane County including Verona, Waunakee, Fitchburg, Sauk City, McFarland, Middleton, Monona, Cottage Grove, Sun Prairie and Deforest.
Call Auto Color Middleton at 608-831-9554 or Auto Color East Madison at 608-221-5041, or email us to connect with professionals for painting and repair for cracked plastic bumpers in Madison WI.